Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all we are now almost out of beds!! She has destroyed her good bed, her day mat & keeps ripping, chewing and eating chunks out of her vetbed. Just hoping that her swallowing bits of it won't do her any harm!!
Any suggestions for a bed she can't destroy???

I had a small accident a few days ago and spilt a cup of tea on the kitchen floor, she shot in there and licked up most of it! Every time I have a cup of tea now she sits awaiting for me to finish it / or spill it again!! Is it ok to give her some of my milky tea on purpose??

Other than that she has been behaving so well, training going great. Sit, stay, leave, down all seam to be going very well. She has a real character to her & she really is a daddies girl!! (A few little nips taken out of various people, but they have more been down to us than her!!)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I would have suggested vet bed as I haven't had a dog chew that before! Is it the green backed stuff?

Does she have kongs etc to use to get her teeth into? She is teething most likely and enjoying the chew

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My dogs always used to have some tea in their bowls but Bonnie doesn't like it, Ellie on th other hand dives on any coffee that gets spilt (I don't give her any) so don't see any harm in giving them tea :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the non-slip white backed stuff. She has a Kong & a chew bone in her bed too.

She is now just over 12 weeks old - when do they start teething??

?

·
0 Posts
Is it ok to give her some of my milky tea on purpose??
All of my lot have a cuppa in the morning (sometimes stolen straight from the cup :oops: :roll: :lol: ) and it's never done them any harm. :wink:

I'd try a hard plastic bed and get a few old blankets from charity shops to line it with. Old Army blankets are about as indestructible as you can get, if you can get them.

And they start losing teeth at about 16 weeks old, until they are about 6 months :wink: .

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Try the green backed one to line crate or plastic bed as it's a lot stronger than the rubber backed stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts