Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

You may remember that we recently asked you to choose a good name for a Labrador who enjoys travelling & exploring new places. Well I’m pleased to tell you that a name has been chosen from the great selection you all kindly posted, congratulations to Dana – who made the suggestion of the chosen name. You have won yourself a prize which will be sent to you shortly! I’m now going to tell you what it’s all about & why we needed a name.

A month or so ago, one of our members came up with a fantastic idea for the site, a fun and exciting new adventure for a Labrador. In this case though, not a real one…but a smaller, furrier version! Allow me to introduce ‘ Barco Polo’........... :D

Now Barco Polo found his way to Labrador Forums all the way from Newfoundland, and is ready to start a new adventure with all of you, our members – here at Labforums.

What Barco Polo plans on doing is an adventure he will never forget. He is planning on visiting as many of his relatives as he can and has been told your beautiful labs will be only too pleased to see him! He is hoping that you, our members, will take him & your labs to exciting new places all around the U.K.

From Lands End to John O’Groats, Barco Polo wants to take on an adventure he will never forget, and most importantly of all, he wants to get the photos to prove it!

This is where you come into play!

For your chance to meet the super little fellow Barco Polo, you will need to offer him a good home for about a week. During that time he can meet your family and spend time with his furry companions..even though they may be slightly bigger than he is!

When it’s time for him to say his good byes after an action packed week with yourselves, you will need to send him safely on his way to his next destination. Don’t worry, you will all get the chance to meet the super cute little lab if you sign up & put your name down to put him up in your home for a week.

We will be adding a mailing list to Labforums called ‘Barco’s Travels’ (left hand side menu of the home page) for you to add your details and our tour operator ‘Nigel’ will coordinate his adventures!

We have created a new photo album in the galleries, especially for all his UK highlights…so wherever you take him on the week he spends with you, he asks kindly that you will photograph him alongside his brothers and sisters (your labs) and upload these travel souvenir photos of his great UK adventure to his specially made gallery.

As well as all the photos, we ask that you tell us all about your week with Barco and add a little write up to to the brand new forum that has been added – entitled Barco Polo’s Great Adventures’

Competition! At the end of Barco Polo’s adventures, we will be choosing one of your photos from the gallery as the winning shot! The owner of the photo will win the best prize ever and get to officially adopt Barco Polo for good! We will also be awarding a prize & award for the ‘best write up’. It is hoped that his travels will take him right up until christmas...where he will then rest with his new family :wink:

Can’t wait to see some of the places he will visit, perhaps a trip to London or even a ride on the big wheel at Blackpool. One thing we ask is that you will take great care of little Barco Polo and see that he gets safely to his next destination.

We hope you have the best time ever with Barco Polo, and thank you for allowing him to fulfil his dream of touring the UK.

Have fun!!!

Julie & Dave

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Julie,

Great idea, we would love to have barco polo come to stay with us.
When will the address bit on the left hand side be working as at the moment it says inactive?

Cristina

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Ok, now I think that it worked but when I pressed send it just went straight back to the home page, is it ment to do that?

Cristina

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Cristina,

Dave is looking into it now - should be sorted very soon, i'll let you all know when ok :wink:

Thx

Julie

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
oh wow this sounds like fun :) even though i dont travel anywere but i think ill put me name down so he can come sample life here for a week..lol. lets hope my dogs dont chew him up..lol..

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK everyone, all fixed - you can now add your name to the list :D

Don't forget to sign up now..Barco's going to be a busy boy!! :lol:

Oh and he's in Cornwall at the moment, staying with Nigel B & his family. Little Harvey has been showing him the highlights - see photo album.

Julie

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
awww barco polo is so cute in that pic..lol...couldnt see a pic in your post just a lil red cross :(

better hope he doesnt get eatin..lol..

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, now it has sent me an e-mail saying that I have subscribed to the news letter????
Hi all,

We've now changed the text on the email you will receive when joining the mailing list to have Barco come stay with you. Was a little confusing before when it said you had subcribed to the newsletter.(Of course the newsletter is a completely different thing)

Anyway, hope you are less confused now, and we look forward to you all signing up Barco's adventures! :D

Bye for now

Julie

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice to meet you Barco Polo! :greenjumpers:

How fun - what a great idea! I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos and reading the stories. :-D

Just wondering if his adventures are limited to the UK? We're headed to the states the end of May and I'll bet he could have some BIG adventures out there in the wild west. :shock: We won't be able to have the girls with us though..... actually it would be kind of nice to have a surrogate pup to look after for a bit while were there. :lol: I sure am going to miss them....

·
Registered
244 Posts
How wonderful! I would be slightly concerned about Barco Polo here, though, as the chances of his having his innards ripped out and distributed around the house and garden are quite high. It wouldn't make a pretty photo. I guess we would have to supervise all contact.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Clair - i got email notification that you posted a message about where i was in the NW? Cant find it on this thread - to answer your question, I'm in Burnley.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi julie.....Barco ( barko) Polo is coooo cute....Congrats dana its a clever cute name....

can't get his face off my mind....very very adorable.....

Bon Voyage Barko... :wink:
Vidhya + Frodo

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi julie... seeking your assistance here... wud like 2 know how i can get to know Barco's travel experineces... can i subscribe even if barco cannot stay with me (unless you all fly down to Mumbai) :D

Thanks Vidhya

1 - 20 of 33 Posts