Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post. We have a 14 week black lab, Buddy. When we woke up one morning 2 weeks ago, Buddy had swollen eyes and his ears were also swollen and crusty inside. We took him to the vet and he was given an antihistamine injection, eye cream and piriton tablets. The vet said that it was possibly a bee sting but we will probably never know. The swelling went down after a couple of days but as that went down he developed an open sore near his nose/top lip where his whiskers are. Two weeks later it is still there. Not as angry looking but looking like it’s pussey. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Could it be the site of the sting? Will it go on its own or do I need to go back to the vet? Would very much appreciate any information. Thank you.
Eye Carnivore Whiskers Terrestrial animal Foot
Eye Carnivore Whiskers Terrestrial animal Foot

·
Administrator
21,598 Posts
At 14 weeks old I think I would go back to your vet. It's quite likely to be the site of he sting, but 14 week old puppies are not yet strong so I'd be worried about immune problems. The other thing, with what appears to be another mark behind the nasty one I'm wondering about a possible Adder bite???????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At 14 weeks old I think I would go back to your vet. It's quite likely to be the site of he sting, but 14 week old puppies are not yet strong so I'd be worried about immune problems. The other thing, with what appears to be another mark behind the nasty one I'm wondering about a possible Adder bite???????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your response, I’ve booked an appointment at the vets for later today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, Buddy has been to the vet today and she said that it is likely the site of the sting and it had become infected. She squeezed it and got quite a lot of puss out of it then it bled a bit. She has given us Hibiscrub to clean the area twice a day. Hoping this clears it up. Thankfully it doesn’t seem to have affected Buddy, he has been just as happy and playful as always. 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts