Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after paniccing that I might be going the wrong way round the m25 and getting into the wrong lane at a roundabout the journey to essex was fine. There was loads to see aand do at the show and of course we took part in the downathon to raise money for canine partners and to break the world record 429 dogs for 5 minutes so yes now vogue and i are world record holders!

We also did a 40 metre scurry (40m with haybales to jump over) Vogue did it in 4.85 seconds, only being beaten by an agility doing collie by 1 tenth of a second :)

I was fine on the purchasing front (theres only so many leads and collars a dog can have) that was untill i found a stall that did kong stuffn's and air kongs, we got a standard air kong and kong stuffns in liver and breath freshening flavour I tried out the air kong when we (well she) had a run round the lake like a nutter and we tried out the liver stuffn out at dinner time and both seem to have gone down rather well. For those who don't know stuffns are food things made by kong to go in kongs, they're in a pressurised container and i expected it to come out like whipped cream, it doesnt, it comes out a bit like the very last bit of whipped cream, however it is activated by the wiggly nossle being bent eg by being pushed against the inside of a kong im quite impressed with them, they also do a peanut butter flavoured one but i though i had to stop somewhere!

oh yes and i got a new clicker (an iclicker), it makes a nornal clicker sound but it is a different shape and i find it a lot easier to hold from dog-games.co.uk who also had bustercubes molecubes and decadogs (big 10 sided things) which you or your dog could have a go on, she got on fine, it must just be the carpet in my room making it hard to turn on.

And I picked up some info about bioflow collars and asked if they had been used for HD or OCD, the lady didn't know but gave me a leaftet, i will put some more info in under health.

All in all a good day was had apart from a lil bit of sunburn and tired arms from pushing on grass all day!

Anna and Vogue

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Anna

Sounds like you had a great time, congratulations with the world record for the downathon!

Vogue did well in the scurry, Collies are so fast they take some beating.

Kev

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
HI anna...

Congrats...Vogue's record was excellent..... :D ..You both surely had fun.... BTW was the peanut butter kong filler good...I've seen that in mumbai but my guy is not a foodie and not very much into kongs :roll: ...Just let me know thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Morning all

Glad to see that Anna is also showing that assistance dogs can have real fun and work at the same time. Well done yesterday

luv

Allen and Endal

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Congrats on the world record.

Always wondered if the kong fillers were any good. Corbie doesn't like peanut butter though, so at least I wouldn't have many to choose from :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Anna

I've just read an interesting article about magnetic collars etc blowing the dog's micro chips, so do take care (a bit like magnetic strips on credit cards being wiped out etc ). Endal was given to me when he was only 11 months old because of OCD, but a good diet, good weight control and exercise has done the trick. Just last month he had his MOT and the vet said that there has been no decline in his health or conditon in 9 years we have been partnered so we must have found the right formula.
What works on one dog might not on the other but always keeping that open mind with these special guys is the best rule to follow

luv

Allen and Endal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts