Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to take the plunge and get myself some decent wellys for walking / trekking through mud! I currently wear cheap, cold, leaky ones but need something warm and comfortable for Hudsons walks getting longer! I heard the parcours iso have the best reviews but heard a lot of people saying the are quite heavy and they are more suites to men than woman? Thats why i am thinking of the aigle aiglentine fur. I have short riding boots I wear in summer so these will mainly be for winter months or really wet days!

Also are the sizes good? For instance im usually a 6 so will a 6 be okay, there are no shops near me that sell them so will need to order online.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have Parcours and don't find them too heavy. They are great during the autumn, winter and spring but too warm for summer.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The sizing is good but when I replace mine I will go for the next size up as when my feet are warm they can be tricky to pull off. But that's neoprene you should be fine with fur!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How long have you had the aigletines for? Are the soles still good / good grip as they are not as thick as the parcours?

I think I might get them from amazon as seem to be cheaper!

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I have had mine for four months - so not long.

But I have worn them a LOT!! Every day at the moment. The grip is very good and they are super comfortable. I got half a size up so they are fine both with thick double socks or thin single socks in the summer. I really shopped around on Amazon and got them for £46 - which is more than I have ever paid for wellies but felt like a real bargain when I started using them.

:)

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was curious as to what (if any) animal fur is in the fur lined boots & am sure some would want to know.....perhaps to make a more informed purchase choice if so motivated.

Good news is the boots mentioned are marketed as lined with FAUX fur
as in this link . So thumbs up to Aigle assuming this info is correct, ( no reason to believe otherwise).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have actually just been reading your post Coaster about the ugg boots and was just thinking the exact same thing about the fur so thank you for answering before I asked :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not a problem & glad this has helped.

Anyone who wants to see my thread on alleged cruel fur trading associated with FAKE UGG boots can see it by searching my posts, ( but please read my warnings re content in the video link contained within).

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I have Aigle parcours and don't find them heavy at all, I live in them :D

I don't have the ISO ones though as they are too hot in the Summer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Feeling slightly faint after ordering some Parcours Iso wellies. Unfortunately being blessed with the slightly chunkier calf means the cheaper wellies split after about a month. So my argument to my husband will be that having gone through 4 pairs of boots since having Poppy, it'll be a good investment :wink: (Is it wrong to be so excited about wellies?)

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Loopy_Lou said:
(Is it wrong to be so excited about wellies?)
No, us dog walkers spend so much time wearing our willies that a good pair is essential (that flipping spell checker is at it again! it always changes wellies to willies).

I got really excited about my lovely Muck Boots and recently paid £20 to have them re-soled and re-heeled because I couldn't bear to throw them away.

I know the price of good boots is high but if they last a long time then it is worth it - just divide the cost by the number of times you wear them and the result is pennies.

I would love some Aigles but I will wait until I can try before I buy, I have such a problem getting a good fit in boots that I wouldn't like to risk having to return them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Coco-Loco said:
I know the price of good boots is high but if they last a long time then it is worth it - just divide the cost by the number of times you wear them and the result is pennies.
I intend to get my moneys worth out of them - at that price I'll be wearing them constantly (work, shopping, evening out :lol: )

I almost bought muck boots instead, but was worried about them stretching around my legs when tucking in trousers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who knew buying wellies would be so difficult! I think I am going to go for the aigletines as I cant justify paying double the price for the parcours just after christmas, if these fair me well then may go for the parcours next time but now I cant decide on with or without the fur!

We have had a rather warm winter which is why i am thinking of the without and just thick socks, but im remembering 2 years ago when I was about in tears as my feet were that cold!

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I like the fact that I can regulate the temperature by thickness and quantity of socks. They are good for soggy summers too.

Mind you I am super fussy about temperature and even take two hats on walks then I can chose which one suits the weather - if very cold I wear both!

:roll:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts