Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OH is planning on making me an A frame, a dog walk and a long jump :D for our garden :D :D I'm so excited :D Me and Marley are enjoying agility so much but only get to do it for an hour a week

Can anyone tell me where i can find the exact measurements for all the agility equipment to the Kennel Club standards?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Don't have a clue about anything agility related but had an idea...

There must be websites that sell agility equipment could you look on them for KC approved equipment and see if they give measurements?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hope this helps a little......

Hurdles
These are a maximum of 650mm (2ft 1.6ins) in height and 1.219m (4ft) in width and competing dogs must leap over the hurdles without knocking them over. The top part of the hurdle must always be easily displaced so that the dog does not hurt himself if he does knock down the bar.

Rising spread jump
This is two hurdles positioned closely together, with the first hurdle set lower than the second.

Brush fence
This is another sort of hurdle, again with an easily displaced top unit.

Hoop (Tyre)
The dog must jump through the hoop or tyre suspended from a frame at a fixed height.

Table
The table is a minimum of 941mm (3ft) square and must be of stable construction with a non-slip surface. The dog must lie down on the table for a time set by the judge.

Long jump
The dog must jump a maximum length of 1.5m (4ft 11ins), clearing a series of low jumps.

Water jump
A low hurdle may be placed in front of a long jump of shallow water.

Wishing Well or Lych Gate
This hurdle must have a roof to it, and again a displaceable top bar should be used.

Collapsible Tunnel
This has a rigid round entrance with non-slip cloth forming the body of the tunnel which can be up to 13.048m (10ft) long. The dog must make his way through the tunnel.

Pipe Tunnel
A minimum of 609mm (2ft) wide and up to 3.048m (10ft) long.

Weaving poles
A series of between 5 and 12 poles set at least 451mm (1ft 6ins) apart that the dog has to weave in and out of.

Pause Box
An area 1.219m (4ft) by 1.219m (4ft) on the ground of the ring where the dog has to pause for a period specified by the judge.

‘A’ Ramp

An ‘A’ shaped ramp formed by 2 ramps with non-slip surfaces and anti-slip slats, that dogs must climb over. There are ‘contact points’ at the base of each ramp, coloured differently to the rest of the obstacle, that the dog's paws must come into contact with if penalty points are not to be incurred.

See-Saw
A pivoted plank, minimum length of 3.66mm (12ft), which the dog must negotiate. Again the dog must touch the coloured ‘contact points’.

Dog Walk
A plank approximately 1.372m (4ft 6ins) high, with firmly fixed ramps at either end which the dog must walk over, ensuring that paws touch ‘contact points’.

Cross Over
This obstacle resembles a raised, square table with ramps leading up to all 4 sides. The dog must go up and down the particular ramps indicated by the judge. Again contact points will be marked that the dog's paws must touch

See this page for more details...

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/271

P.S I havent forgotten about you Emma ! I am on my way home as of 5pm today - Thank you for your pm and patience :D

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goldentouch said:
Full size equipment is big, very big. Esp a full size dog walk. x
I know i think my husband will be shocked when he gets the full dimensions of the full size dog walk, he's really looking forward to building them, i cant wait :D

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Emma, we looked at making some a while back (after our order fell through). We couldn't even fit the wood needed in the estate!

Not sure if you have access to a van etc but by the time we'd factored in the wood, van hire, non slip paint etc it was super costly - not enough to warrant making it over buying it tbh.

OTOH if your OH does do it and does a great job then let me know - I might order a set from him! :lol:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Sarah

I love your new sig pic :D

I was thinking the same but we've just bought a new roof box & bars which OH thinks we'll be able to attach the wood to, if not we've got a close friend thats a builder with a van so will pick it up for us, otherwise i think the place will deliver as its just down the road.

My OH is really excited in building it :D i think its more boys and their toys :D as he has all the tools plus he's now got a double garage that he's going to build it all in! Im going to start him off on the long jump first though as that doesnt seem to hard! :D

I was looking at buying an A frame off the internet and the full sized ones that i've found were around £350-£400 8O which is why OH now wants to build one!

What did you look at buying?

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I looked at buying an a-frame, see saw and dog walk.

I've made a long jump, it was quite easy - I used pre primed mdf skirting board as it has that nice sloped effect - I'll go take a piccy for you.

Also made a tyre/hoop jump.

love your new sig pic
Thanks I was inspired to get creative after seeing some of Gregs work on other peoples :)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooooh how did you make the tyre jump?

Pics would be great :D

After OH has done the Long jump im going to get him to start on the A frame, Im really excited :D

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Here's one i made earlier 8) ...

long jump (to KC size regs) but i added a splosh of colour (not sure if thats allowed)

hoop jump, again to KC size regs but it's not KC reg to have the top bar accross, but i didn't realise until afterwards. I made this from plastic push n fit plumbers piping, so again cheap n cheerful.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the photos :D They're great Sarah, i was thinking of Blue and white too :D

Where did you get the KC regs from?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Gosh, what posh equipment you have! It's lovely!

We have some old spec jumps at old heights, some hand made wooden jumps at no specific height at all, a small seesaw which is a plank sitting on a log, and BOUGHT weaves and a BOUGHT (very short) tunnel!!!

My theory was if horses can jump all different heights then so can dogs, and if they get the idea of the tipping action on a small seesaw then the large one wont be such a big deal!

This is probably why we are still grade one, but we have fun playing about anyway!

Lots of luck building your new stuff - if it is anything like as good as those pictures you will be well away!

Katy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts