Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My vet sold me advocate for Ruby, said i wouldnt have to worm her anymore as its a flea & worm treatment.
Does anyone use it ? & is it any good ?

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I haven't used it - the vet did offer it but I don't flea treat routinely and if I were going to worm and flea treat in the same month, I would space the two treatments out, so I wouldn't want to use a product that combines both.

I think others here use it though, so hopefully someone else will be more helpful :)

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
It will have been tested and proved safe, and it's been on the market for quite some time. But I must admit, these things worry me. I look at it this way, you are putting something on the outside to kill something on the inside!

OK, so I'm an old man not into change. :)

Regards, John

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did wonder, coz it seems to kill everything, & it stinks when you put it on her.
Its hard to know what to do for the best sometimes, Bear has frontline & separate worming tabs.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ive used both Advocate and Stronghold (which is just like Advocate) for both my dogs and cats. It works well- you can especially tell with the cats as they seem to pick up nasties more. I always use one of these two or Frontline.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I think advocate doesn't cover one of the types of worm, I just can't remember which -sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts