Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please could anyone give me some advice about feeding my gorgeous 11 week old chocolate lab! I picked him up about 4 days ago from the breeder and she gave me a list of helpful instructions and advice. She said he was having 3 meals a day and having about 6 oz of dry complete puppy food at each meal. However, he doesn't often eat all that either first thing in the morning or at his evening feed. Is this just because he is still settling in! Although he appears VERY happy and great fun. Or am I just feeding him too much?

·
Registered
80 Posts
:p Hello new owner. I hope you are having fun with your new pup.
Well, you need to feed pup according to it's weight and breed (as dictated by the diet packaging)
Which diet are you using?
I recommend Hills Science Diet - for puppies - they do really well on it.
As long as it's a good quality diet and he is having the right amount he needs you are doing right.
:p

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Please could anyone give me some advice about feeding my gorgeous 11 week old chocolate lab! I picked him up about 4 days ago from the breeder and she gave me a list of helpful instructions and advice. She said he was having 3 meals a day and having about 6 oz of dry complete puppy food at each meal. However, he doesn't often eat all that either first thing in the morning or at his evening feed. Is this just because he is still settling in! Although he appears VERY happy and great fun. Or am I just feeding him too much?
Hi There

Welcome to Labradorforums :D

Congratulations on your new chocolate lab puppy :) :)

With regard to the food, we were advised that puppies and older dogs in general normally woof (excuse the pun!) their food down in 2 minutes flat, at least - our puppy did for sure. I'm sure you are feeding the correct amount according to the packets guidelines and your puppies weight, so it might just be as you say - a settling in period for your pup.

If it continues however, you might want to consider changing the food to a brand he likes better, what brand are you using at the moment?

Anybody else have any views on this?

I hope he starts to pick up as far as his food is concerned, i'm sure he will be clearing his plate very soon.

P.S What have you called him? :animaldog:

Have fun, chat to you soon.

Julie
Bradleysmum :angel1:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Newowner,

Just wanted to see how you are getting on with your puppy....hope things are going ok now, and he's eating alright.

Regards :wink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi. welcome Newowner hope you love your new puppy there great fun they play hard sleep hard
any advice you need post messages on this forum there alwasy somebody on here who can help
:p :p :p :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts