Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone give me some adive on if Logan & Charlie could benefit from training.

They are both 8 months and up until now they have been really good. But recently they have started to chew & recently destoyed a new bed that i brought them. They are not listening to commands as good as they were, its as though they are just trying to push boundaries.
Also at night they do still occasionally poo & wee , i thought they may have grown out of this by now!!!

Would training benefit them and if so what type of training would you recommend?

Thanks

Becky, Charlie & Logan

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
There isn't a lab going that wouldn't benefit or enjoy from some training!!! :)

There was another thread similar to this today that people will have left advice on, let me go grab it so you can have a read.

her you go.

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-63987.html

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i will have a read up on that.

So obedience classes will do them the world of good and they will enjoy that.

I have already enquired about some, but i couldnt help but think how the heck would they learn anything with so many distractions around, such as other dog!!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
cinderella said:
Could anyone give me some adive on if Logan & Charlie could benefit from training.

They are both 8 months and up until now they have been really good. But recently they have started to chew & recently destoyed a new bed that i brought them. They are not listening to commands as good as they were, its as though they are just trying to push boundaries.
Also at night they do still occasionally poo & wee , i thought they may have grown out of this by now!!!

Would training benefit them and if so what type of training would you recommend?

Thanks

Becky, Charlie & Logan
Sounds like the teenage stage!
I would definitely recommend training. They will respect you and you will create a stronger bond. You will probably need to train then separate though. You can do obedience training and do the good citizen awards, or you can try agility or flyball, they also include some level of obedience in them. Although they shouldn't do any jumps until they are over a year old because of their joints.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
A good training club will have small classes and plenty of room so a dog can be worked away from other dogs if needs be. I think all dogs can benefit from attending an organised class as it is good for them to have to focus on you with other dogs around.

It took me until Cadbury was a year before I found the right class, unfortunately. I tried two, but both were far far too over-crowded, and no, a dog doesn't learn in an environment like that.

My current club limits to 8 dogs per class (only 4 in beginners class). Also my club has a hall and outside areas, so there is plenty of space to work dogs away from one another.

A good club will probably tell you that you will have to work the dogs individually. So expect to attend two classes, one for each dog. A class should be fun and positive. Training can be such a pleasure and you'll be impressed at just how much your guys can do. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys will get on the case straightaway.

And i was expecting to have to do them individually anyway as i couldnt take both of them!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
i couldnt help but think how the heck would they learn anything with so many distractions around, such as other dog!!!
That's why you go! If they can learn to do it all with distractions in class then listening when off leash on a walk or at home should be plain sailing :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
God yeah, I hadnt thought of it like that.

They are both really good though off their leads, its more so in the house they dont listen :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts