Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I am thinking about getting Clover bones to chew on, she loves chewing anything and everything so I am hoping to keep her off the furniture and onto more tasty options!

She is 6mths old, though we have had plenty of family dogs at home she is the first dog I have had of my own and none of our dogs ever had bones so I dont really know where to start with what she can and cant eat.

Any advice or if you could point me in the right direction of where to look.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
29,722 Posts
Always remember to only feed raw bones - never cooked/roasted etc. as these can splinter and cause internal injury to the dog. You can buy raw bones at most pet shops or from your local butchers.

There is no reason why you shouldn't start her on bones now, but as she is still relatively young they may be a little rich at first and give her the runs. If this happens try not to panic, it's pretty normal and she should be back to normal within a day or two after the bone. I would always supervise her with a bone and perhaps to start with give her one to chew on for 30-60 mins then take it away from her. Repeat the following day and so on... you can store the bone in the freezer to keep it fresh and there is no need to defrost before giving it to her again.

HTH :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.