Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet told me that I can choose between a surgery for the ACL/CCL tear for my lab with a 6-10 week recovery or purchasing a "Posh" brace that is fitted for my dog and costs around $900 with a 2-3 month recovery. Do any of you have any experience with this brace or know if it works well? Thank you!

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
No experience. Leg braces are not the normal treatment here in the UK. Depending on whether it's total separation, in which case it's an operation to reattach, or a tear, when it is usually cage rest to allow time for the tear to heal.

PS. I must make it clear that I am not a vet, just an ordinary dog owner who has been around a long time.

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
I have heard of the braces, there’s a company in the UK that makes them. If it were me I’d probably choose a leg brace over surgery if there was a reasonable option of success. If I could have afforded it, I would have got one for Carys but rest and medication sorted it.

Reactions: Pmarie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No experience. Leg braces are not the normal treatment here in the UK. Depending on whether it's total separation, in which case it's an operation to reattach, or a tear, when it is usually cage rest to allow time for the tear to heal.

PS. I must make it clear that I am not a vet, just an ordinary dog owner who has been around a long time.
Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
I will add that my original comment has been edited when someone has quoted it. I DID NOT recommend or put in a link. Do not click on any link included in my quote.

Reactions: Pmarie and Casodil

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
I will add that my original comment has been edited when someone has quoted it. I DID NOT recommend or put in a link. Do not click on any link included in my quote.
That was very naughty. I've edited out all mention of the offending site. I looked at the offending quote and cannot find that it has been edited. I have my suspicions and will be keeping a close eye on things. I'd just like to add that if I do find proof then the offending person will be banned! :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow - I can't believe that people would do that to make a buck! Sad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts