Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thanks to who reply my problem.
And i have a question here that any better brand of the dog food that your can recommend to me? How about EUKANUBA? Did your heard before?
And i curious about....that each brand of the dog food got a different flavor and ingredients such as fish,lamb&rice or chicken etc,is depends on your need to choose it...Have you ever think before Can we mix up 2 type of the dog food? Like fish with lamb or fish with chicken to let our labbies eat? So that he can get more and different nutrition from the food.And besides the dog food,what else nutrition or capsule you giving to your labbies now? Such as vitamin E or anyhting else?
Hope to hearing from your guys soon.... :)
[/img]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Different flavours among one particular brand have exactly the same nutritional anaylisis so there is no reason to change about for that reason

What food to feed your dog is a huge subject and we all have our own views on it. Not only do nutritional requirements have to be considered but a lot of us chose one brand over another for ethical reasons due to the way some companies test their products

Ethics aside, the more expensive a food is generally the better the indgredients with no need for additional supplements unless your dog needs them for a medical reason

Personally I believe in finding a good quality food that your dog finds appetising and sticking to it. Cant see the point in chopping and changing.

For the record I feed Harvey on James WellBeloved and find it an excellant product .. and so does he! :wink:

Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Where are you from, I haven't heard of the brand you mentioned in your first post in the UK.

A complete food is just that, and there is no need to add anything to it.
As Nigel says, the different flavours contain the same nutrients.

What was your breeder feeding when you got your pup? If he was doing well on it is there any need to change?

HTH :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear NigelB and lablover :)

Hey there! Got your's points,thanks alot.
By the way, i m from malaysia,just own a labbies for 4 months,he so cute but poor thing i cant post his pic here because file is too big.
Will your labbies lose his appetite sometimes? Because last few week he got skin problem,and my vet suggested me to feed him lamb,that's why i changed the dog food from BIL JAC(chicken) to EAGLE PACK(lamb & rice). Eventhough i try this 2 dog food before,but he still seems like doesn't like his food,everytimes likes reluctanly to finish his food.
Actually recording the standardize,my lab named Austin of 4 months plus,how many weight he should have now? Is it 15kg?
Your can check my dog food's website. www.biljac.comb or www.eaglepack.com.

see ya,
pauline.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi
As Nigel and Lablover have said it is not a good idea to keep swapping your puppies food. Just pick it up if he does not eat it and try again at the next meal.
As you are not in England you will probably be limited to the number of dog foods that are available. But it really would be better if you could keep to what your breeder recommended. Eukanuba has been a well used food and many breeders use it . Although I am not sure whether there was a query on how they tested their food some years ago. If you feed a good quality complete food there is no need to add anything, as others have already said. Perhaps a pilchard once or twice a week. Good luck with your puppy. Let us know how he progresses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts