Labradors Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come back from nearly a week camping at Beadnell, Northumberland. Just had to cross the road to get to the nearest beach. Had a fab time and the dogs were soooo good in the tent (Jake's first trip and Abby's third!).

On the beach at Bamburgh

Jake demonstrating his best doggy paddle

Playing on the beach

Soggy dogs

Back at the tent

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Looks like they had a great time, and the weather looks good... Theo 'met' the tent for the first time the other day as it was up in the garden - he chewed through one of the guy ropes so I'm thinking camping might be out for a while!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
It looks like a lovely area.
Were the facilities good?
Ive been thinking of taking Diesel camping but wasnt sure where to go with him.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he chewed through one of the guy ropes so I'm thinking camping might be out for a while!

mmm, can see what you're saying there :D

Kate, the one we went to is the Caravan and Camping club one at Beadnell. Facilities spotlessly clean and only had to wait for shower on one morning. Is a bit exposed but ideally placed. The bit of the beach directly over from the site bit smelly but turn left once you get on the sand and walk for 5 mins and it's great. Seahouses 2 miles down the road for shops and Bamburgh 3 miles on from that. Lovely quiet big sandy beaches with rock pools to keep the kids happy. Ok it is the North Sea (shorty wetsuits are great!).

Can also recommend the one a bit further south at Dunstan Hill, bit further from the beach but much more sheltered - ccc again.

Spent the time reliving my childhood as my Aunt had a caravan a couple of miles inland and used to have a week up there every summer for about 10 years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi
We went to Northumberland in July and stayed just outside Bamburgh in our touring caravan.Had a wonderful time the beaches are some of the best I have ever been on. Maddie or 8month old choccie had the time of her life.
Will be taking her to Yorkshire on August bank holiday weekend cant wait.
Paula x

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks like the dogs loved it and the photos look great. We love camping and so do our 2 dogs.Out in the open and all that fresh air,when night comes they are sleeping like babys. 8)

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Great pictures!!!

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took us a few days to get used to being back in 4 solid walls again when we got home. Going back next year but for the full week, will get our acts together and get booked well in advance so we can have the weekends both sides! :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Great pics, I see jake and Abby were very good to lie on their beds outside, thought they were`nt tethered but looking more closely I see a tie out there :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rules of the campsite, if out of the tent had to be on a tether! Were surprisingly good inside though, wandered around without trying to escape even if the doors were rolled open. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi, I was up there a couple of weeks ago! My parents have a cottage not far from Bamburgh village. It is so beautiful up there, we had a great time- amazingly the weather was sunny which was an unexpected bonus. The beaches around there are just stunning aren't they and there are so many other great walks inland to go on as well. Your photos made me wish I was back up there! Glad you had a good time.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Great photos :) We went to visit some friends on Sunday who were camping just out Knaresborough in Yorkshire and the campsite was very dog friendly. We usually holiday abroad, but it got me thinking that I'd really love one of those Folding Trailer Camper thingy's and to holiday more in our beautiful Britain - if only we could guarantee the weather, or at least if it didn't rain so much :roll: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts