Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really, really hate car insurance renewal time!

The renewal letter came through with some wrong information on plus quite a high premium so off I went to talk to the meerkats :lol:

The quote came back at £60 less than the renewal notice so I decided to ring to check that I had got it all correct (I don't trust the computer systems). Their systems were down so I had to ring back the next day :roll: The man I spoke to assured me they had enough information, didn't go through my previous accidents but took my money.

My documents were emailed to me today - accident dates incorrect (they only wanted the month but have decided that all accidents happened on the first of each month) :x and I know from past experience that they can stop a claim if you have a wrong date on your documents (luckily when this happened last year I had email proof that I had given them the correct information). So I rang today and asked to check that the information was correct again and fortunately discovered that my understanding of the wording was incorrect. This resulted in a further £38 payment :evil:

I'm glad I checked but it makes me so cross that the wording is so confusing and if you get it wrong they can just turn round and refuse your claim if you have an accident, especially when you have rung them to double check that you have got it right.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
My sympathies. We got a great quote from admiral when my son passed his driving test. When the paper work came they had put the wrong date of birth on and the correct quote would be £450 pounds more. I was just glad we'd double checked it all or he would have been driving with no insurance.

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to be so careful, they are just looking for excuses not to pay out when it comes to the crunch.

Last year I didn't know the exact date of an accident when I started the policy so emailed it to them later along with my proof of no claims discount. When we had an accident they said that we had had another accident that we hadn't told them about and so they wouldn't be dealing with the claim! It was only because I had email proof of the correct date that I was able to get the documents put right and continue with the claim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts