Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Few Tips For Looking After Your Lab's Paws :D

1. Trim nails as needed.

2. Check regularly between toes for foxtails, stickers and other foreign bodies. They can sometimes be deeply embedded between toes.

3. Pull out any irritants you can locate, using tweezers.

4. Check for cuts on paw pads. If cuts are small, wash them gently with antibacterial soap. If they are large or bleeding excessively, contact your vet for care.

Also:

Running on a pavement can wear out your dog's pads. Check them regularly if you run with your dog. Also, avoid running with your dog on a hot pavement, since it can burn his pads.

Take your dog to the vets to be checked and treated if he's limping and excessively licking a paw :wink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very Good advice Bradleysmum also trim there fur between the paws sometimes excessive fur irritates the dog
also Never ever trim the claws unless you can see the quick very dangerous on a black dog and choc as there very hard to see
puppys nails should not be trimmed they will soon wear out when you take them to the big open world

:p :p :p

·
Registered
124 Posts
Poor Yasmin cut her paw slightly last week. My mum took her out for walk and Yas accidently walked through broken glass! She wouldn't let us touch her paw, and licked it herself. It wasn't bleeding much, only tiny spots on the floor, but we were worried for a while!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poor Yasmin cut her paw slightly last week. My mum took her out for walk and Yas accidently walked through broken glass! She wouldn't let us touch her paw, and licked it herself. It wasn't bleeding much, only tiny spots on the floor, but we were worried for a while
On know..poor Yasmin!

Broken glass is everywhere these days isn't it, we need to get our labs some shoes made!

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a puppy choco lab called Alfie.

The other evening we found a claw on the carpet that matches his. Only problem we couldn't find any missing and he was in no discomfort whatsoever!

We also have a cat but this claw was too big to be his. Probably nothing to be concerned about but I thought I'd mention his "ghost" claw. Spooky or what! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts