Labradors Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my training club was on hols my goal was to work on Cadbury's loose lead walking so I could once and for all ditch the halti.

Well, when I got to class today I wasn't brave enough to walk in with him without his halti, however once inside he was so calm that once we started I slipped off the halti.

And he walked really really well. :D Yes, he tried it on around the other dogs, but I made him sit as soon as he started and very soon he realised he was not going to win and we were walking around with him right next to my leg.

I'm so thrilled. The practice really helped. The loose lead walking was one of his worst things, so to me a session of nice walking among people and dogs is seriously good and I came away feeling really proud of myself and him.

Well done Cadbury, my little chocolate man!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
*applauds*

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. Now I've just got to work on that 'stay'. :D

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Yeah!!!! Well done you and Cadbury!!!!

I MUST make time each day to practise loose lead walking with Luna. Since we moved our walks can be totally off-lead so I've lost this practice time!!!

Playing the game 'hidee hotdog' has helped Luna stay for longer and longer. She had to stay while we hid a treat or more somewhere in the same room initially before being told to go find. Now months and months on she 'stays' in the kitchen while I hide treats in the lounge, then return to the kitchen to dish up my dinner and faff a bit then she has to walk to heel to the lounge before finding treats! I do this almost daily so she is now staying for sometimes 10minutes!!!!!! Just need to transfer to outdoors now!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts