Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry but just got to have a moan.
took max out in the garden last night for his game of footie. came back in but left his tatty old foot ball out as he always goes back for another dribbling session before he goes to bed. let him out just after 10pm but he came straight back in minus ball. went out to have a look and the ball was nowhere to be seen. which means that some one has had to climb over my back fence which is 6ft to steal a dogs toy. max has been searching high and low this morning for his footie. it really makes me wonder what the world is coming to when some one will do that!

jane and max.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's awful! I hope Max will be back to playing footie soon! It's dreadful that people will do stupid things for something like a football.
Chris, Toffee and Popcorn :wink:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Awww, poor Max :( . I know how our little pups get attached to their toys.

You'll have to get him a nice new one and hopefully he'll like it just as much to practice his Beckham skills. :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
its not just footballs that go astray brandy had her kongo stolen (a toy you stuff with food) also her squeaky bone that was with the kongo,,it just makes you wonder something so small and not really expensive gets stolen from your garden its pathetic really..
not to long ago we had trouble finding out who kept opening our gate to let the dogs out took us a while but eventually we found out it was a group of lads that walked past almost every night my hubby went out and approached them and warned if they done it again they would pay (mans talk really..lol) but we informed the police also as charlie are king charles bites (he was a rescue dog beatin by his owner so understanable he is aggresive towards mostly males) just incase he bit one of the lads but we were assured we would not be to blame if he bit one of the lads...and luckily so far they havent done it again

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glad to say max now has a nice new foot ball :lol: he is at this moment belting round the garden with it, tail wagging and a very happy little boy :D
jane and bending it like beckham max.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi there

Do you know if there are any urban foxes near by. If i leave any of our dogs toys out they are always in next doors garden. our neighbour has seen our local fox playing with the toys on their lawn!

Janet

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi janet,
thanks for your reply. i think i know who the culprits are, its proving it thats the hard part. it seems that quite a few things have gone missing or been damaged lately. one of the neighbours had his fence pulled down a couple of nights ago. he chased the lads off and also called the police who say they cant do anything unless they catch them in the act. so just hope they "grow up" or move on soon.

G

·
I have the opposite problem here. :-x There is a grass area behind my house and kids are often playing football there and the footballs end up in my garden. They used to climb over my garden fence and to get their footballs back but they learnt their lesson after I gave a couple of them a right telling off as they had pulled my fence over through climbing on it. Now they come round and ring the doorbell and ask for their footballs back now they realise I don't bite!!. I have lost count over the 15 years I have lived here how many times footballs have appeared in the garden - but it doesn't happen as much these days.

Lucky for the kids Corrie isn't big into footballs so they remain intact, but for two years I had a lodger living with me along with her black lab and her lab used to love bursting them!! Think this also help teach the kids not to kick their footballs into my garden so often! :lol:

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did have that problem but with tennis balls. got a couple of kids next door that kept throwing them over the fence (which is 6ft) max would grab them and needless to say end of tennis ball :oops: the mother did come round about it but as i told her max cant tell the difference between his balls and thiers so if its in his garden he thinks its his. we no longer have a problem as the kids now play tennis in the park which is 1 minute away :D

G

·
I also had the same problem of footballs coming over the fence and of course Ollie would think it was his birthday and burst them within a few minutes. The parents came round to complain but as I said to them if the footballs didn't come over then Ollie wouldn't burst them and that I am not keeping him indoors just because their kids didn't have a very good aim. Our garden fence was brick walled and some of the kids must have had a death wish climbing over to retrieve their football one day but when they got chased by my Ollie growing & barking at them (protecting his new chewed up football no doubt) they certainly went back over pretty sharpish and fortunatley never tried that stunt again.

Michaela

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi Jane,same problem,tennis balls,the teenager across the road blames us for his best mate having to move, his parent divorced,but he cant understand that and since we have been here he has been a latchkey kid,but also brings his mates home,anyway ive had the footy and more recently the tennis balls,our houses are detached so he is not directly opposite but still insists on playing on my grass it now sets dylan off with barking as they are on his grass,funnily enough the younger kids dont bother him playing further down,anyway i have a few dents in the car and have aquired a few balls as he wont call for them,but the dents annoy me,and when i complain he lets rip with all this aggro,parents wont believe he's anything but an angel and shove their heads back in the ground if i'm walking dylan and he's got an audience he comes out with things like "the dogs called lynne",very often i feel like swinging for him,but have to walk away,frustration is an understatement,Lynne,

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its nice to know im not the only one who has problems with the kids. if my girl had done some of the things they get up to i would have "brained" her 8O
i would have loved to have seen the kids going back over your wall michaela :lol: pretty sure max would do the same especially the way he is at the moment :-x
yes lynne ive been called a few choice names and one lad always refers to max as the pig. good job i think pigs are quite cute or i might get offended :lol:

G

·
I don't understand what's going on with some children today, don't get me wrong there are still some lovely well mannered children out there, but some of them are appauling. I wouldn't have dreamed of giving an adult back chat when I was little but reading some of these posts it's shocking.

Michaela

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I used think think sometimes that I felt quite isolated where I live, but at least I never have the worrys that you all seem to have :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Jane, our neighbours had his fence pulled down too,must be the done thing. We have more trouble off the girls in our area.

janet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts