Labradors Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Hailey, Yellow Lab
119 Posts
Some of you may remember Shadow from all those years ago. In May 2017 he had an operation to release the last nerve in his spine, in October 2018, I spent a month in Cambridge with him when he had a brain tumour.

Today, we had to say goodbye to my old friend. I'll never forget all the amazing times we have had or all the things we've been through. You were so brave all your life and I was so privileged to have known you. I'll always miss you Shadow.

He had been getting steadily stiffer but there was a lot of weakness on his back legs, yesterday he started collapsing, today he couldn’t stand at all. It was ever so fast but sort of expected. At one point today, it actually looked like he was crying. Well I am now.

View attachment 26920
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Some of you may remember Shadow from all those years ago. In May 2017 he had an operation to release the last nerve in his spine, in October 2018, I spent a month in Cambridge with him when he had a brain tumour.

Today, we had to say goodbye to my old friend. I'll never forget all the amazing times we have had or all the things we've been through. You were so brave all your life and I was so privileged to have known you. I'll always miss you Shadow.

He had been getting steadily stiffer but there was a lot of weakness on his back legs, yesterday he started collapsing, today he couldn’t stand at all. It was ever so fast but sort of expected. At one point today, it actually looked like he was crying. Well I am now.

View attachment 26920

View attachment 26920
So so so sorry to read your heartfelt words and I confess every time I read one of these posts it makes me so emotional.
As Judy ticks up to 13 years young it becomes more and more difficult…..
These labs of ours are just so stoic, so loving and just the best thing ever. Your boy sounds proper special and from that picture he certainly was an absolute stunner….
I feel your pain but as I always say. - thank you. Thanks for giving Shadow the best home, thanks for giving him the best life and thanks for sharing him here….. you just know he would be thanking you himself.

keep your chin up and your eyes ahead

·
Registered
My best boy ever, Jordi, gone 😪. Ace, 11 year old black Labrador and Bailey 19 month yellow Labrador
67 Posts
He was a handsome looking boy, so sad for your loss. This was sent to me when I lost Jordi 2 years ago, it still hurts.
I was just a pup when we first met,
I loved you from the start,
You picked me up and took me home
and placed me in your heart.
Good times we had together,
we shared all life could throw
but years passed all too quickly,
my time has come to go.
I know how much you miss me,
I know your heart is sore,
I see the tears that fall when
I’m not waiting at the door.
You always did your best for me,
your love was plain to see,
for even though it broke your heart
you set my spirit free.
So please be brave without me,
one day we’ll meet once more,
for when you’re called to heaven,
I’ll be waiting at the door.

Run free Shadow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m very sorry for your loss. We lost our beloved Buster almost 8 months ago. We were completely bereft and we didn’t think we’d ever be able to live our lives without him. It’s a privilege to have a Labrador in your life and they show you how to give love because they are so loving. You’ll never forget Shadow.
We have a young lab pup now and I’m sure Buster’s there showing him how to be a great dog and encouraging us to love him. X

21 - 24 of 24 Posts