Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I please ask for a bit of advice? Cassie has been violently sick twice this evening (I am sure she never ate as much as came out - there was just so much). Now she is just flat out in the lounge feeling sorry for herself. Do you think it is just a case of small amounts of bland food for tomorrow (i.e brown rice and white fish)? We will take her upstairs this evening to keep an eye on her and if needs be will go to the vet tomorrow. A gloomy end to Christmas but I rather think the little lady has over-indulged!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Poor Cassie :-( If she was mine, I'd do as you are doing and keep an eye on her and yes, feed her smaller amounts, more often. Mine have a moist fish/rice based food anyway, so I tend to give them that and add a little extra water in, to keep them hydrated. Is she going to the loo ok?

Hope she's feeling all better soon :grouphuuug:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Angela. No she hasn't been out to the loo since but then the sickness only started an hour and half ago. She is now flat out in the lounge ignoring my son with his large plateful of yet more food, which is unusual as normally she would be led next to him offering her help. I am just hoping it is nothing more than over-indulgence on an already sensitive tum!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I know it can be strange to think of a Lab not desperate to scrounge, but I suppose at some point after over indulgence, they must feel like us after one too many mince pies? I hope it's something like that.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think she is on the mend now as she has just sat staring at me whilst I was eating a cake. When I looked at her she had dribble pouring from her mouth which is normal! (She didn't get anything though). We will take her upstairs with us tonight so I can keep an eye on her and if all is well then a light diet for her for the next couple of days.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi folks - thanks for your concern. Cassie is much better today, just a bit quiet. She slept soundly until around 9am which is unheard of for her, then got up, had a small amount of Weetabix and then went back for another sleep till 11am.

She did have just one episode of the runs this morning but nothing since and now she is desperately trying to convince me that it is time for her evening meal. I am cooking some brown pasta to go with her white fish and will just give her a small tea and if that stays in OK, I will give her a little more at supper time. Thankfully there was no need for a vet trip.

She was due to go on one of her long 6 hour walks with her dad tomorrow but I think we had better postpone that until she has got her oomph back properly.

It will definitely teach me NOT to let her over-indulge in the future though. No more giving into those pleading eyes!

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Just a little tip! Really over cook the pasta so that it is squishy like baby food as it's more gentle on their tum to digest and contains lots of fluid. Glad she seems to be recovering x

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Laura - the pasta was very nicely overcooked (mainly because I nearly forgot about it). The fish and pasta have worked nicely and Cassie is back to her normal self today, totally. She had a nice 2 hour walk with her dad (we have postponed the really long walk she was going on as she needs to be at full strength for that) but she had plenty of boing still when she got home.

Thanks for all the tips and help everyone.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts