Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In December of 2001 we Lost our Lab ( Cinder ) to complications of having a Gull Stone Being Removed 2 weeks before christmas.
Loosing her was like the loss of a Family Member, and my wife and I still think of her durring the month of December.
Just after her death , I tried to think of something to say to lay her to rest and came up with this poem, and would like to share it with everyone.

Paw Prints In The Sand

My final months were filled with joy and even tho I knew my days were numbered.
You gave me love, Made me feel safe and I will cherish that For ever.
Even tho Im now gone to that better place, I will always have love in my heart for you.
I now feel no pain, I run so free, but my spirit keeps running back to you.
Thank God for people like you, who care for dog`s like me,who could ask for a better friend.
So when you walk along the beach, look down, you`ll see Paw Prints In The Sand.
Cinder A.K.A "Big Girl "1996 - 2001
Thoughts from the heart
Steven W. Griffin

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the site.

Firstly, thank you so much for sharing such a lovely poem with us all. I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your lab, i'm sure the month of December brings back alot of painful memories for you. Would it help, if maybe you could post a picture of Cinder into our Rainbow bridge forum?

There are many people on the site, like yourself, who have loved and lost their lab, and say also, it's like loosing a member of the family.

Do you think you will get another lab in the future..?

We wish you all the best Steve, best wishes to you and your wife for 2005. It's good to have you join us.

Bye for now

Julie
Aka Bradleysmum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts