Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lovely mornings work. Spent a bit of time training at my shoot, followed by a picnic out of the back of my truck in the paddock. The floor of the wood now comprises of long grass and cow parsley around 18 inch to 2 foot tall, so it’s all nose work. We started with a couple of marked retrieves for Chloe, then walked on and tossed 3 small puppy dummies into the wood for later. (I figured the small size of the puppy dummies would make scenting them harder.) We left those for later when we were on the way back, and walked through to the other side of the wood and did a couple of marks there, before heading towards the middle pen to do a long memory retrieve. It was then back for the three dummies I had put out earlier. I really have to marvel at Chloe’s nose, it’s phenomenal! She misses nothing. Back to the truck and put Chloe away for a rest, and get Amy out for a bit of “Me time” She had a wonderful time just toddling around, taking in the scents and sights. Then our picnic in the back of the truck, Chicken and bacon sandwich and coffee split three ways does not go far, but the girls had earned their share.

John :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
So good to hear that Amy is still enjoying life ❤
Now, about Chloe, I'm wondering if she could use that nose to sniff out truffles?? are there any in your area?? (Just a silly thought - ??)

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

Reactions: Margaret

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if she could use that nose to sniff out truffles??
To my knowledge, the only Truffles around here are in the boxes of Cadbury's chocolates in Tesco. And shes very good at finding boxes of chocolates. :)

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
To my knowledge, the only Truffles around here are in the boxes of Cadbury's chocolates in Tesco. And shes very good at finding boxes of chocolates. :)
😂 😂 😂
I hope, if Chloe found a box of Cadburys she would dig a big hole and bury it to rot!!!! It's now revolting!!!! (not like when we were kids 😎 )

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So true Chel. and they had the cheek to tell us that we were not allowed to call what we grew up with chocolate any more. :(

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm so lucky in that I have access to private land, including fields and woodland to train in or just walk in Phil. This means I can go in on my own and set up training scenarios without my dogs seeing knowing they wont be disturbed, then go back later with my dogs and work through the scenarios! There is always so much wildlife around. Hare numbers are increasing, great for steadiness training. (I don't think anything is more likely to cause a dog to break from heel!) The bluebells have finished now, and the cow parsley has taken over. We have mowed some of the rides, as you can see in the vid, but still have some to do. We have an old Massey Ferguson tractor and a topper driven off the power take off so mowing the rides is easy. We have also mowed the paddock ready for our BBQ and clay shoot later in the month. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts