Labradors Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my kittens are fast approaching 6 months old now and they are an absolute delight. Although they look very similar, they have very different personalities. Slinky should have been called Laid Back Lil, as she is a horizontal cat, who loves nothing more than being cuddled, stroked and kissed whereas Socks is a mischief maker who finds a game in anything and everything. Both are so people orientated and affectionate though and they will yell at the tops of their voices (which is surprisingly loud) if they can't get to us.

Einstein loves them both, which I'm so glad about, as he was quite a depressed little boy when he lost his brother. He is always to be found curled up with, or playing with the kittens these days. :D

My older cats, Gus and Nellie, have accepted the new arrivals (it only took 3 months in Nellie's case :roll: :lol: ) and can be found having a bit of a game with the kitten's too occasionally (when they think no one is looking :wink: ).

Anyway, here is Socks....

And here is Slinky....

And this photo typifies their characters....Slinky wanted to go in for cuddles and Socks was .....well... just look at her mad eyes :lol:

Big Brother Einstein supervising them on their new cat tree...

I adore my dogs but I'd never be without a cat or 5 :wink: .

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Ohhhhh....They are LOVELY :animalcat:

I love my puddytats too, always have at least two, but won't get anymore now until we move house (too close to a busy road)

Socks looks like a crazy bunny :lol:

That's a pretty cool cat tree. I bought mine a new one for Xmas last year.....then we got Dolly :roll:

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rubyrubyruby said:
How can you let them outside without worrying that someone might take them as they are not your common moggy ?
The kittens only go in the garden Chloe, and that's how I intend to keep it after losing Dexter earlier this year. I can't keep them confined to the house 24/7 though, as apart from being virtually impossible, it's just not natural in my eyes. Thankfully, they are both so attached to us, they only go in the garden for a few mins at a time, then come running in to find us, plus they have better Recalls than most dogs :wink: :lol: .

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
I am not surprised Jules. If I had lovely cats like that I would try to keep them in the house and garden too. I have always thought it was pretty impossible to keep cats in their own garden as they always see to enjoy a good wander ?

Chloe

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
They were Lovely kittens, but now they Are Beautiful cats, both of them are gorgeous. Good news that the others like them too.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
They are very pretty. My daughter has a cat who won't go out at all. She was a stray during a cold winter and now won't leave the house, though she sometimes sun bathes on the back doorstep.

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rubyrubyruby said:
I have always thought it was pretty impossible to keep cats in their own garden as they always see to enjoy a good wander ?
You're right it is difficult, which is why I'm going to put netting across all my fencing next year, angled inwards (like Security fencing) to stop them being able to climb over. Hopefully them being girls and proper homely girls at that, they won't want to wander too far anyway. At the moment they can't jump more than a couple of feet from the floor (they haven't any moggy/proper cat in them, so they are more than a bit dim :wink: ), so I can let them into the garden without worrying too much. They can't make it up my 7ft fences at the moment.

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
janed said:
My daughter has a cat who won't go out at all. She was a stray during a cold winter and now won't leave the house, though she sometimes sun bathes on the back doorstep.
I had a Siamese like that. The only time she went out was on a lead with me, like a dog. She only ever wanted to be with me, so she never went further than the patio on her own, even if all the doors were open. 8)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
They are very beautiful cats. I would like a black witches cat but my son is asthmatic so unfortunately I can't have one.

My neighbour has two that look just like yours, Tinka and Bella. She said hers are called 'rag dolls' . She leaves them to roam whilst she goes out to work all day. They are really friendly and they show no fear of the my dogs. It worries me because they are constantly in my garden. The first time I gave them a cuddle I was surprised at just how soft they are.

Amanda

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She said hers are called 'rag dolls'
Slinky and Socks are Ragdolls and Einstein is a Ragdoll/Persian cross. They have the best fur to stroke. Not too long, not too short and so SOOOO soft. Trouble is they moult everywhere, just like Labs :roll: :lol: :lol: .

I've had 3 black "witches" cats, Boris, Sooty and Mac. I loved them all and would happily have another. I've had 13 cats in total (my lucky number), mostly moggies, and I shall quite happily slip into Batty Cat Lady mode when I'm old, and hopefully have a houseful :lol: :lol: .

·
Registered
921 Posts
Slinky and Socks are gorgeous and I love their cat tree.

We are thinking of getting a cat (or 2 :wink: ) some time next year (when we have finished the building work on the house). I've never had a cat before and wondered is it better to get two together or just one at a time?

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AliMack said:
I've never had a cat before and wondered is it better to get two together or just one at a time?
Two together, I'd say. They are SOOO entertaining when you get two of the same age...Chasing one another, ambushing each other, plus they have company when you're not around, or if you go on holiday. I've had singles and doubles, but I'd only do doubles from now on, even if it does mean Double Trouble :wink: .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts