Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With poor Amy's problems I never got around to telling you all about Chloe. She had a little tumour on her side, so small that I thought it was just a skin tag. But one day late last year I happened to be with Prof. Peter Bedford, the head of the BVA/KC/ISDS Eye Testing panel, so took the opportunity to show it to him. His words were, "I'm sorry John, it's a tumour." But it was so small that there was no rush to deal with it, so I put it off until the end of the shooting season, so Chloe could enjoy the season picking up.

At the end of the season I organised with my vet to spay her and to sort the tumour out, and the operation took place a week ago yesterday. I collected a very woosy Chloe at 2pm, and later in the evening she had a very small meal. By the next morning she was still rather subdued, but ate her breakfast, and as the day wore on she gradually threw off the affects of the anaesthetic.

Yesterday morning was the day of her post op check up, so it was back to the vets. The nurse came out to my car to check her out and announced everything fine, stitches to come out next Tuesday.

Then yesterday afternoon the phone rang. It was my vet calling, and after expressing his condolences for me loosing Amy he gave me the news. He had sent Chloe's tumour off for an autopsy, and had just had the result back. BENIGN!! So once the stitches are out she should be fine! :D We are both missing Amy, but time is a great healer. I always brought Chloe up independent. Her training separate from Amy, and almost from day one her walks separate. Amy could only manage shorter walks so it was no problem, so Chloe has been use to being left in the car or at home while I've been out with Amy, so she is use to being left alone. So I don't foresee any problems.

John :)

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
That’s very good news indeed xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts