Labradors Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning training with Steve and Sham and managed to get a few pics, not great as I dont have a super douper Camera but never the less these came out kind of ok, lol

All dogs are coming on well and im really pleased with Samps, he did some super retrieves and is starting to trust his nose more now, I love sending him and when reminded to leave him alone and just watching him.

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Wow! I'm impressed! Love the flying water shots!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have never wanted to throttle my dog as much as I wanted to today :x . That pic where she's sitting probably was the only time she did as she was told :roll: .

Sampson and Skye were little stars today, even though some of their retrieves were sabotaged by a nutter who kept giving me the finger grrr.

Lots to work on!

Sham

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah Mildred had one on her yesterday, she would not play nicely. I think that she was too wound up and excited. :( My fault really as my job keeps me away from her and when I do get home I just want to sleep. At least we are out on a four hour old blood trail tomorrow. :D Then some Squiggle bashing, she enjoys that! :twisted:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They all have days like that lol, hope you and mildred have a great day out together tomorrow.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi Shady yeah I hope so too! Can you help me please with a quiry I have? Are the orange dummies harder for the dog to see than the green dummies? Mildred is great on green dummies and will even stick her head under the water if the current submerges them but she really has a problem retrieing the orange dummies. :?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest mine dont have a problem with either, the orange dummies do stand out more when on the ground. They help me as well because I am usless at marking where the dummy lands :oops:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great pictures - v envious of your camera abilities!

Re. dummy colours - to be honest, I've just used green in my fairly short experience to date (although tennis balls have been yellow...!). This said, I'm starting to wonder about the error of my ways, given that I had an awful job finding one a few days ago which I had intended to pick up myself :oops: (although my dog sorted that problem out for me when asked!) I should have remembered the following post, and thought about getting some easier to see - as you'll see, it shouldn't make any difference...
http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopic-61285-0.html

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Some very nice training pics there, looks like you had a good morning. :D

Re Dummies. My current favourites are the flat disk type, in orange. A friend of mine recons that the orange dummies don’t carry as much scent, but I’ve never found that.

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts