Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7800901.stm

I came across this on the BBC site, and it set me thinking that maybe if all the animal organisations got their heads together, then they could possibly begin to mount an effective campaign to educate the public. Which is possibly the most effective way to try and tackle this abhorrent trade.

I always said I would never support the RSPCA again after they spent millions campaigning against hunting, which was a purely political act. I know this feeling is common with the wider fieldsports community, but I for one would be prepared to support them if they took the lead on this issue.

Andrew

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Could not agree more, problems occur when you get them all to agree :?

I saw this piece on BBC News yesterday morning and I though it was a good piece of journalism :)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
To try and get the different organisations to work together might just be a more difficult task than stopping the actual puppy farming! That would mean that someone in one office would have to pick up the phone and speak to someone in another office, get a work group together and delegate responsibility 8O 8O :lol: :lol:

So who would we like to see on such a 'board against puppy farms'?

KC, RSPCA, BVA, all the different breed clubs, I suppose, (can't leave one of them out as they will then work against the whole thing just to make a point because they weren't asked).

Any other suggestions?

Natasha

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I too am not a supporter of the RSPCA but for reasons dating back 25+ years ago but if they were part of an umbrella group whose objective it was to shut down these dreadful places, then I would support them, not willingly but I would; whatever it takes to ban the heinous farms.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The problem is there is too many pen pushers and not enough action. Wouldn't it be easier if all litters had to be registered?

Shocking pictures.

Ian
Ian

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Something and someone has to give somewhere if this has to move forward, I know some dont like the RSPCA because of the anti-hunting ideals but as Andrew and Natasha have said, its time to move forward :D

I see your point Ian about registering litters but I dont see how that would help, unless you cannot register a litter only if the health checks have been done specific to the breed :? This would help but not stop puppy farming IMHO :(

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If all dogs needed paper's to be treated by a vet, vaccinated, microchipped ect, maybe that would help?

Just a suggestion.

Ian

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I never looked at it that way, it sounds a good idea to me :D

Hope loads of folk come along shortly to give there opinions :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts