Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody, my name is Matt and i would like to introduce my baby girl "Beau". She is just eight weeks old today and she would like to say hello to everybody. Her first night at home was a bit of a nightmare because she was crying for most of the night. she ended up sleeping on my pillow in bed with us. Second night (last night) was much better and she stayed in her cage all night and i let her out to do her business 6 times. I like to know how long this will carry on for?
Thanks very much and once again hello.
Matt.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Matt - welcome to you and Beau!

Our lab Corbie was 11 weeks old yesterday and for the last few weeks he has not messed in his cage at all at night (we leave an area of newspaper in there in case he needs it) - he can go from 10.30pm to 8am at weekends quite happily without a sound or any mess (during the week I get up at 6.30am when my partner goes to work and let him out then). I try and make sure he doesn't drink too much about half an hour before his bedtime. When we get up he'll go out in the garden and do his business.

He's never cried at all at night (only a couple of minutes during his first night and I got up at 7am for him then because he started to cry) which has been great.

I only take him in the bedroom when I get up at 6.30 during the week and he'll lay on the floor beside the bed and sleep and then I'll go back to sleep for another hour aswell :lol: It's now part of our routine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts