Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Hope you're well and safe.
First post from me and a rather unfortunate one.

My beautiful little puppy Ruby has been limping slightly (on and off) for the last two 1/2 days.
It's her front left leg affected and this leg seems to click a bit when she moves. Unsure if I'm being over sensitive about this.
Her limp has got better and she seems in no pain whatsoever, still her usual lovely / puppy self + her appetite is the same!
She had a vets appointment tomorrow morning so hoping it's not the dreaded ED (her parents are clear).

Just wondering if anyone has any similar stories and whether it could be growing pains or a muscle strain?

Sorry if this seems overbearing, Ruby is my world and its just so upsetting the thought of her being in pain or worse.

thanks all

·
Administrator
20,904 Posts
Hello RubysDad, Try not to worry, puppies are like children, they pick up knocks and sprains. In all likelihood it's nothing to worry about.

But please dont be offended when I say this, but please dump that harness. It's of the worst possible kind and can cause real injury! Imagine for example that somebody put a belt around your arms and body above the elbows pinning your arms to your sides, then told you to move your arms about. A harness like this could really inflect damage to her shoulders.

·
Premium Member
8,866 Posts
Absolutely with John, dump the harness. Horrible things, I can’t understand the current fad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi both.
@john, thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully the vet concurs! It's got better today and she was fine when she went to the groomers.

Harness wise, we use(d) it as an aid to help with certain things but will ditch it now. It's used during play sessions with dogs as a precaution but what you've said makes total sense.

Will update you on the vets!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi both.
@john, thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully the vet concurs! It's got better today and she was fine when she went to the groomers.

Harness wise, we use(d) it as an aid to help with certain things but will ditch it now. It's used during play sessions with dogs as a precaution but what you've said makes total sense.

Will update you on the vets!
Is there an update from your vet visit? Have to say that Ruby is a beauty 🤩

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there an update from your vet visit? Have to say that Ruby is a beauty 🤩
Evening @Baamlabs, I hope you're well!
Sorry I forgot to provide an update amidst the craziness of Christmas!
The Vets stated that Ruby may have strained a muscle but nothing more sinister. She's on a course of Anti Inflammatory medication and her exercise / play schedule was reduced and is being built up slowly.

We are very fortunate that it's 'just' a strain!

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Evening @Baamlabs, I hope you're well!
Sorry I forgot to provide an update amidst the craziness of Christmas!
The Vets stated that Ruby may have strained a muscle but nothing more sinister. She's on a course of Anti Inflammatory medication and her exercise / play schedule was reduced and is being built up slowly.

We are very fortunate that it's 'just' a strain!

Thanks for asking!
That's the best news, lovely 😊

1 - 8 of 8 Posts