Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. He laid down tonight out on his walk and was sick, he's back home but looking uncomfortable and his back legs are shaking a bit. He does have an habit of picking up stones.

Any advice would be appreciated, He's a 9 month old Labrador.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
To be honest if this behaviour continues and there is any possibility of him eating stones, I'd be calling the vet for advice. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Administrator
21,397 Posts
Hi Jamac. Sorry but I'm not going to be much help. Young Labradors do pick things up so this could easily be the reason for being sick. And the back legs could well be simply a muscle spasm, which can happen with tired legs. But on the other hand, both could be serious.

So what to do? I never go looking for trouble, so if he seems happy and not in pain I'll just keep a watching brief. But realising that it "Might" be serious I wont take chances, if I start to get the idea that all is not well then I would not hesitate getting him to a vet.

But please understand, I'm not a vet, so the above is just my way of handling these kind of things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest if this behaviour continues and there is any possibility of him eating stones, I'd be calling the vet for advice. Better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks Mandy, been to vets 2 injection, pain relief and anti sickness he has abdominal pain. Back at the vets tomorroW.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hope he's soon feeling much better. Let us know how he gets on tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts