Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 6 year old female lab is restless and keeps stretching. When I was rubbing her under carriage she yelped. She is eating and drinking ok. She has been frightened to go out the back garden as she keeps getting swooped on by a seagull. Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be welcome as vets not open until Monday .

thnx

·
Administrator
20,604 Posts
That eliminates my first guess, mastitis. Gently feel her boobs, in a neutered bitch there would be no milk production, so there should be no swelling. Any swelling of one or more boob should be viewed with suspicion. (neutering is often touted as eliminating the risk of mammary tumours. OK. it reduces the risk, but does not completely eliminate it)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, not stretching as often! Not sure if she is holding pee and poo in for two long due to the seagull swooping in the back garden

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If the stretching carries on it may pay to have her checked out by a vet. It could be a sign she's suffering with stomach ache.
Seagulls are a pain! I should imagine it's protecting a baby or has a nest nearby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts