Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Im new here. I have a 6 month old lab called Bella. Since yesterday she has been asking to go to the toilet alot. But just ends up straining with either very little soft pellets or diarrhea coming out. Ive put her on a soft food instead of her Skinners field n trial in the hope it will clear her through.

She is a tyoical lab and chews everything- should I be concerned about a blockage?

Thank you

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Can you give anymore information? How does Bella seem in herself? Is she still being happy and active and full of beans?

Does she have any bloating or seem to be in any pain if you feel her tunmmy?

How long has this been going on for?

xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has besn fine but now is very sleepy and wants to be in her crate. Ive made her a vets appointment since this change. Shes been constipated since yesterday...uo until now been fine and no pain atall.

The veterinary receptionist suggested she may need s laxative of some sort but im concerned about a blockage. She ate her breakfast fine and no sickness.

Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think you are doing the right thing taking her in. If she is having a little bit of the runs then I don't think I would want to assume constipation... best to get things checked out.

Keep us updated and I hope Bella is ok.

x

?

·
0 Posts
Hopefully it's just a bit of an upset tum and the vet can give her something for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts