Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 week old Paddy is waking up at 5am!! :(

Please can you let me know if, once I've taken Paddy outside, is it fair to put him back in his crate until we all get up at 7am? We did this, this morning and he just cried and howled until we went down at 6.30am. By this time everyone in the house was awake!!

He's full of the joys of spring but we still need some more sleep!!

We don't want to be mean but we'd hate to have to start every day at 5am!! (He doesn't go to sleep until after 11pm, after we've taken him out) :?

Any tips/ advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

G

·
waking up

Murphy whose 4 months did this for ages but we put him in his bed and went back to sleep we ignored him and now he knows he can not wake us up, now he sleeps till 7 am and sometimes we have to wake him up, would like a lay in at weekends not possible yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taking him out

Thanks for the reply, you've given us hope!!

Are we doing the right thing by taking him out for the toilet?
This morning at 5am he just hung around the door and didn't even seem interested! :?
How do I know when he does need to go out?
I just assume as he's so young that if he does make a noise, it's him wanting to go out.
Suppose this will be trial and error.

Thanks

Kathy

·
Registered
78 Posts
welcome to the wonderful world of labradors! im certain that they are aware that they need to get us two legs trained from an early age!.

Puppies sometimes do have tiny bladders and need the loo at stupid times in the morning but at least he is letting you know rather than causing a mess in the house.

He seems to have a lot of energy there, but the first three years are the worst! Just remember he is still very young and has just had his entire world changed in leaving his mum and litter mates, a new house and a new set of rules too. Maybe he just needs comfort and reasurance that it is all going to be alright!

good luck

Bonnies mum and bonnie too

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
7am wake up this morning - GREAT!!

Paddy woke at 7am this morning!! Though typical because it was my husbands turn to get up with him!! :D

My turn tomorrow!

Maybe he knew I'd posted on the forum and felt sorry for me! :lol:
Thanks for the replies, I'll keep you posted.

Kathy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts