Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the coronavirus and being stuck at home, my family of five has been spoiling our fur baby Rosco with walks on almost a daily basis. He wasn't getting this much exercise before and he's started acting strangely. I took him outside to play fetch and instead of going to get the stick I was throwing he stopped and started staring at some trees, which is very out of the ordinary for him. It almost seemed like he was hallucinating. He's been lazing around all day which was weird as he's usually pretty active. He won't lay down near us and when he looks at us its almost like he's looking through us. He has always had issues (ear infections, hot spots, etc.) But this is new to me. I'm very worried for him. I know that seizures are very common in labs, and I'm worried that what I've thought are hallucinations are actually seizures. Any help with what is going on with him would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Seizures aren't common as such, but there are reasons they can happen. If you are at all concerned then you need to video what's happening and send it to your vet for them to have a look at.

Also, just so you're aware, sticks can cause absolutely horrendous injuries, please don't throw them. I've seen where sticks have punctured right through into the dog's neck from inside the mouth, and sometimes these sort of injuries can be fatal.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Could be a pain reaction. I wonder if he's hurt his back or neck, or he's having problems with his sight?
Give your vet a call or email and ask for advice.
Good luck.

BTW. I had a Rosco (Lab x Springer) back in the 80s, we'd named him after a character in the Dukes of Hazzard. Now that's showing my age! :D

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I was in love with Daisy Duke! :love:
OMG!! Not you as well!! 😂
Every young male of that era was in love with Daisy Duke!!! Tell me, which "bit" did you all love?? 😏 Was it her brain?? 😂 (I liked her car 😎)

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's acting a lot more like his usual self today which is great. I think he was just exhausted from all the extra exercise he's been getting. As for the stick comment, I never even thought of that. I was doing a bit of yard work and thats the only thing I could use for fetch on-hand. Usually its a tennis ball or his kong. All of my friends comment on his name as well but I just chose it because my childhood friend had a dog with the same name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts