Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 month old Puppy had her de-wormer treatment today and the Vet gave her Endograd tablet and tonight she has become totally uncontrollable, she is extremely unsettled and barking which she doesn’t usually do. It’s like having a different puppy? We still have the mouthing, biting from her but tonight there is slight aggression in her behaviour. Has anyone else experienced this change of behaviour after a worming tablet?
Thank goodness I didn’t give her the flea treatment at the same time.

·
Administrator
21,785 Posts
Yes, sadly some dogs do react to some wormers. I've found many Labradors react to Panacur, but not to Drontal. But by the same token some react to Drontal but not Panacur. You just never know until it happens. Obviously you wont give that again. But then, I'm not in favour of giving any medication just on the off chance. It's like saying, "I think I'll take an aspirin today, just in case I get a head ache." In fact I've not given any of my dogs a wormer for over 20 years.

·
Administrator
21,785 Posts
Normally the hyperactivity wears off in a day or so, so bare with it and the pup you love will soon be back. Remember, she cant help it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah she is still a baby but it just concerned me i don’t want her to become aggressive. She has been a different pup tonight. Hopefully tomorrow she will be back to her normal self.

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts
It’s absolutely normal. 🤣🤣 I’m pretty sure I wrote the exact same thing about mine too (my worst reaction was to Drontal, oddly enough).

Reactions: JohnW

·
Administrator
21,785 Posts
Yep, as I expected. It can be frightening when you have never seen it before. I'd certainly not use that again. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts