Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we brought our new chocolate lab home yesterday and it seems to have put our 2yr old Chocolate Labs nose out of joint :?

Whenever the new puppy, Cookie goes near him he kind of growls a little or he will bark and run off :(

Is this normal behaviour and will it improve with time? We are showering him with love but he still isn't too keen on the new arrival :( I just hope this doesn't last forever :?

Leanne

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hiya :) leanne

we got our choccy puppy rosze 7mths 3 weeks ago now and the first meeting with our older dogs both nearly 7yrs old charlie(cavalier king charles) and brandy a black lab it was very growly for the first 1-2 days..after that they started to play fight sometimes brandy was a bit to ruff with rosze but i think that was telling rosze who was boss if it got very boistres (sorry cant spell..lol) i shouted ENOUGH and thy would seperate to lie down this very playfull fighting went on for a week and finally they have calmed down much to the releif of our family..lol..only cause they kept knocking the baby over when they were so called playing..lol..they now eat sleep and drink and play happily although charlie still will not have anything to do with rosze but he just stays out of the way..lol..

just keep and eye on it and make sure you are with both dogs at all times for the first couple of weeks just incase your 2yr old (whats his name?) gets a bit to snappy with the pup but it should eventually calm down new pup new smells everyone has to get used to the change even your other choccy lab :) he will dont worry :):):) try and act as normall as possible and get into a routine and all should be well :)

clair :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Clair, it's good to know that it won't last forever lol.

Our 2yr old lab is called Bailey and I'm sure he will get used to the change eventually, bless him :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol..your welcome

it will not last forever although at times it does feel like it will..lol..

good luck with baily and cookie it seems they are popular names for choccy labs..lol...or coco or wispa..lol..im odd mine is called rosze..LOL..and my other choccy lab was called tessa..lol..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awww love the name Clair

so far today I've already stepped in 2 poo's :x one in the house but one was also in the garden :D and have used so much kitchen towel that I may buy shares in the company :lol: but hey ho it's all worth it in the end eh :lol:

Leanne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts