Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has over-indulged this Christmas. Is anyone interested in joining a LF weight loss club? We can do the same as last year and chart our progress weekly.

I lost almost 1.5 stones last year and kept it off until October. Then it was my birthday, I ate lots, got chocolate, let it all go and then binged at Christmas. I know I have put on at least half a stone, maybe more. I will get weighed at work tomorrow and the healthy eating starts then.

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I'm in!

I have a stone and a half to lose. On Jan 1st I started a low-carb diet (not Atkins, my own).

Yesterday I had cheese, almond crackers and an apple for breakfast. Bacon, egg and mushroom for lunch and spag bol without the spag for tea.

For snacks I had nuts, cheese, yogurt and 80% chocolate.

It's working well - no cravings (yet!) I will weigh myself at the swimming baths tomorrow then report in here the following Monday to see what's happened.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Me! I have a stone and a half to loose, any advise would also be appreciated. My problem is cheese........I love it! But going to try porridge or greek yoghurt & fruit for breakfast, veg & chicken for lunch and cutting down my portion sizses in the evening. I also hate salad which doesnt help lol

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm in :) I'm starting Dukan diet tomorrow, I plan to loose a stone and a half. It's always better not to do that alone. Well my husband will eat the same food (he's got no choice) but I know he'll eat a lot of sweets as well so I need a lot of will power ;)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'll probably end up joining you ladies, my issue is that diets don't seem to work, I eat roughly 1500 calories as myfitnesspal recommends and cover the exercise requirements and don't loose a pound. Though when I went to America and munched on in 'n' out burger, del taco, jack in the box, coco's pies, 2 thanksgiving day lunches plus lots and lots of cheese and soda I lost 5lb >.< there is something seriously wrong with that picture and my friends mom was super shocked as we both weighed before we went she gained and I lost.

I have a weird body i swear!

Btw do any of you use fitness/activity trackers? I use endomondo which is linked to myfitnesspal, and when I can afford it I'll probably get a fitbit.

·
Super Moderator
15,716 Posts
I joined slimming world last January as I need to lose almost too stone by August for my son's graduation (I didn't want to be fat momma in the photos!).
I reached my target in June and had managed to keep it off until Christmas, but with too many meals out, lots of chocolates from the kids at school and too many goodies over the holidays, i know I have put on several pounds which I need to get rid of.
First weigh in since then is Tuesday, so I really need to get back on plan

Good luck everyone x

·
Registered
494 Posts
I forgot to mention I have to loose at least 2 stone! I shall be putting my HRM on for this afternoon's walk. I'm planning a 4 mile walk today I won't be belting it as I will probably have Lilly with me for some of it, and my dad will pick her up in the car if she can't go the full 4 miles. I covered 2.67miles in pouring rain and gale force winds in an hour so hopefully I'll burn a few calories there.

If anyone wants to use endomondo I can set up a monthly challenge for miles walked or calories burned etc.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Walk update:

So me and Lilly are back from our walk 3.5miles in 1:02:01
avg speed 3.4mph
max speed 5.9mph
avg heart rate:162bpm
max heart rate: 190
min altitude: 517ft
max altitude: 786ft
total ascent: 779ft
total descent: 936ft
wind: (SE) 13.7 mph
weather: rain
temperature: 8.3 c
humidity: 93%

Total calories: 655

Used Endomondo app for iphone and Polar Heart Rate Monitor.

Here is the Challenge page for the Labrador Forums Fit and Fabulous 2014 page!

http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/13794518

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I want to joined last year but did not do well dropped off. Must try harder

·
Registered
494 Posts
I will be starting the C25K app as soon as my headphones and waterproof case arrive, anyone want to join me via the Zombies Run app let me know!

·
Registered
494 Posts
mibec said:
Easter13 what's that exactly? what will you be doing?
Does it involve much running?
C25K = Couch to 5k basically an app that gets you up and running 5k over a number of weeks 8-9 I think. You start off walking for 1min then run for 30 seconds or something like that and then every week your run time gets longer with shorter walk breaks until your running straight for 30mins or 5k.

It's not perfect for everyone but it's pretty good I started it last year but I injured my knee because I was too outta shape, wasn't walking enough to strengthen the ligaments, stupid injury really as I used to run a lot at school.

Zombies run tells a story as you do the work out and each day then week adds to the story.

·
Registered
494 Posts
mibec said:
Then that's not really for me - my knee won't let me for so much exercise.
I'll stick to my hula hoop :)

Fair enough, it's not for everyone. I'm thinking of training for the Cardiff Half Marathon for the British Heart Foundation, as both my grandparents died of heart attacks and my nan is due to have major heart surgery in the coming weeks.

I'm going to see how things go in the coming weeks before registering, as I expect I'll be looking after my nan constantly once her surgery is done, but that's a different and long story.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Could I join? I plan to go back on the 5:2 diet on the first Monday after Pepper's Birthday. So next Monday to be exact! I still have 10KG to lose, having gained a couple in the last few bacchanalian months!

Pepper and I walk twice a day and I workout one hour a week. (don't seem to have the time to do more) I also live in a multilevel house and am constantly running up and down the stairs!

Hannah & Pepper xx

·
Registered
494 Posts
Bcnbabe said:
Could I join? I plan to go back on the 5:2 diet on the first Monday after Pepper's Birthday. So next Monday to be exact! I still have 10KG to lose, having gained a couple in the last few bacchanalian months!

Pepper and I walk twice a day and I workout one hour a week. (don't seem to have the time to do more) I also live in a multilevel house and am constantly running up and down the stairs!

Hannah & Pepper xx
The more the merrier! I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on, I personally am not changing my diet yet, I'm going to purely try all out exercise but we shall see!

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I'm starting today. I will post my weight later today on a new thread. We'll do the same as last year and have a new thread each week.

I'm just doing it alone. No slimming club or fancy diet. My aim is to drink more water and cut down on fats, carbs and sweet stuff. Meals will have more fresh veg and I'll be having more healthy alternatives to the naughty stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts