Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an 11-12 year wait to own a dog, what a year it's been with not one, but two in our life! They have brought us so much joy, and pulled us through some pretty bad times.

We promised ourselves that when we got a dog, they would have lots of love, care and attention, and we'll walk them lots. We've not only stuck to our plan, but exceeded our own expectations! They get more love and attention than we ever envisioned, and the walks? Well, we go on new adventures weekly, and still keep up with daily walks. Walks aren't the chore we thought they'd be, but an absolute joy! Our whole life revolves around Saffy & Humphrey, which is something I didn't think would happen, but I'm glad it has because it means that our dogs have the best of everything!

Saffy is a little superstar. She is a real Mummy's girl, and has taught us so much. She has come such a long way and now lets people stroke her and snuggle her whilst wagging her tail! That's such a massive achievement for her and us! We've been holding her back in puppy class to make sure she was completely confident with people, but we do the test the first week of January for her puppy diploma, and then she can move up to the next class! It's all very exciting, but also nerve-wracking to move to a new class. I'm sure she'll thrive though! Her practice run last night went really well, and the trainer and helpers were really impressed with how far she's come, and have decided that she's more than ready to move on! It'll be a proud moment when we get that diploma (and I will probably cry)!

Humphrey is another little superstar! He is a real snuggler and frequently dives on one of us to lick us! He's a bit of a Daddy's boy, but always comes to me for snuggles! Him and Saffy are totally inseparable, but we do make sure they spend time each day apart so that they can bond to us. He's now taller than Saffy, and weighs about the same! Won't be long until he really overtakes her! Humphrey will also be getting his puppy diploma the first week of January (if he passes the test) and will be moving up a class too!

Through being a dog owner, I've met so many lovely people, and now chat with many people that live on our road. I've lived here for 9 years and didn't know any neighbours, but I know a lot of them now :) I've made some lovely friends that I'm sure will be part of my life forever (you know who you are if you're reading this), and Saffy & Humphrey have made lots of friends too!

That 11-12 year wait was worth every second! I have no idea how we went so long without owning a dog knowing now how much of a joy they are, but I'm glad we waited until the time was right. Had we have got a dog previously, we wouldn't have met the wonderful people we have now, so it feels like it's all worked out perfectly!

I'm considering putting up the Christmas tree tonight, so hopefully I'll get some photos of the hooligans in front of the tree tonight or tomorrow to share with you all!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tree is up! It's not quite finished yet (still a few bits to go on including candy canes)...but it'll do for now until I can be bothered finishing it!

What a nightmare it is to get dogs to pose next to the tree! I took a few pics on my phone, which will have to do for now! I'll be roping in the hubby later so he can lure them with treats :lol:

Saffy:

Humphrey - still has those gigantic ears he's not yet grown into!:

Saffy & Humphrey together (loving little mans cheesy smile!):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts