Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be in behaviour or not but does anyone know what it means?

My 2 have always copied each other to a certain extent but lately (last 6 months roughly) its become more obvious that not only do they copy each others behaviour... for example if alfies gives a full body shake, billy does the same or if he just shakes his head, billy does the same too or even yawning, but also when they sleep in the garden or on their bed or sofa they mirror each other so they lay in the same position but the opposite way next to each other!!

This isn't a problem obviously but just curious what it means or why they do it? Anyone elses do this?

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know WHY they do it, although perhaps it's the same in dogs as it is in humans but my lot do it all the time. Even the cats mirror the dogs and vice versa...and they mirror us Newman Beans too. :lol:

No doubt there is some logic behind it...perhaps it has some basis in Pack Mentality (although cats are not pack animals :? ). Whatever the reason though, the more you realise they are doing it, the more times you notice it happening, so they must be doing it a lot of the time. 8)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strange isn't it? I'd love to know if it means anything or just coinsidence :? They do mirror us humans too now i think of it and i do notice it more now i'm aware of it :D

Least they're not that the only ones :lol:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
my dogs mirror each other sometimes. either curled on either end of the sofa or laid flat out... but back to back with each other ... so their backs touching all the way along. bless them

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
A bit like this....

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Oh yes, Flynn mirrors Maggie all the time, has done since he came home. We call him the Lurcherdor as he copies everything she does, from swimming and rolling to bumtucking ( a very funny sight with his muscley legs :D :D :D )

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Luna had a doggy pal in Belgium called Luna! They were the same size and colour but the Belgian Luna had shaggier hair and wasn't a lab. Whenever they met they mirrored each other when playing ie both play bowed, they circled in the same way and would run alongside each other rather than chase as other dogs do. If they were separated by our back fence, Belgian Luna on the footpath, my Luna in the garden they would run at the same pace and change direction at the same time!! They were very active mirrors of each other!!!!!

NB: Trying to separate 2 dogs with the same name used to be interesting too!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts