Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening
Any idea to this problem. I have a 14 month old lab, bitch as any dog of that age usually full of energy. About 4 weeks ago she started to slow down just seem down. Laying around not a lot of interest in things, still eating and pooping well. she would walk round with her head hung low and some time cry out. I took her to the vets he was a bit baffled, checked all he could said her hip were a bit stiff, but nothing too bad, put her on pain killers, anti inflammatory pills, dog back to normal, bouncing of the walls. The medicine has now run out a week ago and gradually my dog is slipping back to the way she was. I can’t see the vet until the end of the month due to short of staff with Covid 19.
Any ideas, recommendations please

·
Administrator
20,490 Posts
It's not a good time to develop a problem I'm afraid.

I have to say, considering she improved when on pain killers, that the problem is likely to be pain related. Just where the pain is has to be the question, and without ex-rays you are really in the dark. It could be hips, it could be hocks, it could be spine. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its strange. The vet did say it would xrays next. Saying that's shes now turned in a lunatic dog chasing the cat, climbing on the sofa. Thanks any way
Regards James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts