Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some reassurance!

Fawkes had his 2nd lot of vaccinations last night. Was great in the vets but since early evening he's been a bit whiney when we carry him in and out to the garden. He also seems to be straining a bit when pooing (or trying to....)

He seems fine in himself, bouncing around, playing with toys and biting and he has a good appetite as usual.

No limping and I've felt his legs and all over but he hasn't cried out at all...only when lifted.

Could it be a side effect of the vaccination?

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Can i ask why you are carrying him in and out the garden? It may have no bearing at ALL, but it seems strange in a 10 week old pup, has someone told you to? Pups can cope with a few steps and so on if thats the reason? Its important they learn from young. But maybe theres a reason...?

No idea why he is being whiney, there won't be a specific reason i doubt. if he was ill, he would be displaying 'ill' symptoms such as lethargy, sickness, curling up and shivering etc etc.

Most ppups whine when they are bored, overtired or want attention. I would decide which it might be based on the fact its not going to be that hes ill chances are, and respond. Have a big old game with him... wear him out a bit, run around in the garden with him, take him for a walk up and down the road teach start properly teaching heel... maybe do a bit of training with him, sit, and start introducing the idea of 'stay' to him.... etc

Di

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Sorry but not sure what you are worried about :? .

I assume Fawkes is a little pupster and very new to his new household and the vets.

Firstly the vet has stuck needles in him and probably caused him some minor discomfort but nothing to worry about, secondly why are you carying him to go for a toilet :? , has he managed a poo and wee :?:

If he is eating and drinking pooing and wee'ing then I am sure he is fine, just try not to worry about the little fella as it could cause him to think there is something to worry about.

How about posting a picture :D , then we can let you know just what we think of the little chap :)

June

edited because I did not see Di's reply :) :roll: , hope you are feeling a little more confident now, and Fawkes is ok.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replying Di, I was being on the safe side as we have two steps up to the grassed area, and between the comments I've read about avoiding stairs and the fact he's face planted a few times going up them himself i thought he was better lifted until he was a bit bigger. Pretty stupid really considering he keeps running into the sofa legs :lol: i'll stop being a worrier and leave him to it :)

He is only whining when lifted...he's fine other than that. playing like normal, more than happy to do heel and recall training etc with me.

Other half has been with him today...im just home and he's bounding around like normal full of energy.

I'll keep an eye on him but my gut says its just a reaction to the vaccination

Heres a new pic of him :) not sure why its posting upside down - its the right way up on my macbook

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts