Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all.
We have a 10 year old rescue, who we had from 1, so didn't have the problems that come with a pup. Hubby decides he wanted company for Marley, so we got Inca. The get on really well, she's been spade, but she doesn't stop chewing things! She's destroyed so many shoes, I've lost count of the amount of tea towels and washing up sponges. She's trashed zips on coats and suitcases, but the worst is, she's chewed massive holes in my sofa! She's done 3 seats! And at £70 to get each one fixed, I'm starting to get a bit hacked off. She's got more toys than my 2 children. What can we do to stop this, as she only does it when we aren't there? We have a crate for her, but she can bust out of it - not sure how....
Thanks x

·
Administrator
20,474 Posts
Sorry but you are at the chief chewing time. Twice in the days before I started using a crate I lost my kitchen floor. There is only one answer I'm afraid, never leave your dog without putting her in the crate and the door securely fastened. Always put everything like shoes, mobile phones and the like away, and don't allow her into rooms when you are not in the same room supervising her. This is part of having a puppy I'm afraid, it's hard, but it does get easier.

John :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts