Labradors Forums - View Single Post - Meet the new addition
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tarimoor
Lead Trained

Lead Trained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
Nice! Olť gets in everywhere. Lulu has him too. I was lucky enough to meet him at a show in Toulouse. His owner asked me to hold his lead while she went into the ring with another dog. My claim to fame.

My latest girl is from a fortuitous but accidental mating but she carries the gene KTR71 (coat curl) so itís going to be interesting to find her a husband that doesnít carry it. Her father was affected. Iíve noticed more and more studs in Europe are tested for the FGF5 gene (long coat) but I only know 2 studs that have been tested for KRT51 and thatís her father and my boys father! Her father was only tested because comments were raised about his father whom people commented had a fluffy coat, back in the day (he died in 2004). I do know that my boy is clear as both his parents have been tested...as if thereís not enough to worry about! Lol
Thanks, I'll be working her for sure, and possibly dabbling at a bit of showing.

I've no idea re the coat thing, I did a bundle of genetic tests with a Laboratory, which Zasa was clear for all of, including Narcolepsy, obesity gene, various forms of myopathy, and a whole host more, but the main five she was clear for as well. The results were about 3 pages long, most I'm sure, will have nothing to do with Labradors.

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ