Labradors Forums - View Single Post - Raw bones
Thread: Raw bones
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
ScopwickShadow
Puppy Walker
Puppy Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
Yes, I feed raw bones as my 2 are raw fed! Depending on size you might want to just give them as a recreational bone, something to chew on for a while and strip all the meat off but not fully consume?

Bones my lot eat fully - Chicken - leg, wing, neck. Lamb - breast, rib, neck. Beef - rib. Pork - rib, trotter, tail.

Anything bigger I give as recreational only, and take it off them after an hour or so. You can keep them and give again if you wish.

You can keep them in the freezer of fridge, which ever you fancy, but if you've been given a lot then maybe put some in the freezer and just get out one a week? One thing to keep an eye on though is poo, too much bone can cause constipation, if eating the whole thing then about 20% of their daily allowance should be bone.

And the big bonus is your dog will love you for giving them!
I dont think he could fully eat these ones by the looks of them, and I only really got them for recreational purposes to replace the natural rawhide we have been giving (it's quite pricey for the 'decent' stuff) so wasn't planning on him eating it whole like chicken wings etc although it may be something to consider in the future!

If i were to give him one with a fair amount of meat on, would you suggest cutting down his tea a little bit?

We're going to trial one this evening so dont want to overload him with food!
ScopwickShadow is offline   Reply With Quote

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ