Labradors Forums - View Single Post - Hills RD prescription diet food
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestu32
I think the main issue is exercise as he will go for a long walk, but just plods and sniffs, whereas my working lab is constantly running about.
It is often the Plodders who pile on the pounds.

I've not used Hills, as generally it is full of fillers, you can get other Light foods though, if you don't want to feed Hills and don't want to cut his normal feed down further. Some Vets get commission for selling Hills, so I'm always a bit wary if one recommends the food, or any food which they sell, come to that. :wink:

When you're out walking, why not keep the lead on him and walk briskly for 10 mins (building up to 20 mins), so that he is having to keep trotting and getting his heart rate up a bit, then let him off to plod the rest of the walk. Or failing that, take him out for a brisk on lead walk as a second walk of the day. If you can build him up to 20 mins of trotting daily, his fitness will increase markedly and this will help him burn off all those unwanted stored calories. 8)

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ