17-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Join Date: Jun 2016
Hi, I came across this thread when deciding upon which size to get our little Molly. (Age 1) Just thought I'd post my findings in case others are also interested.
I measured her and she came up on the size chart at the upper end of a size 0 or low end of a size 1.
In the end I decided to go for the size 1 in the Julius-k9 IDC Harness as then it gives her extra room for adjustment if she does grow/fill out more. The IDC version is the updated version:-
Main differences between K9-Powerharness (1997) and IDC®-powerharness (2010):
- Reflective chest strap of the IDC®-Powerharness is lower on the chestbone, so it does not put pressure on the neck of the dog
- The strap under the chest of an IDC®-Powerharness is rectangular and sporty, the buckle is now at a higher point of the body, so it doesn't effect the mobility of the front legs
- The saddle part of the IDC®-Powerharness covers a smaller surface on the side of the dog
- The label of the IDC®-Powerharness is fixed diagonally, it gives a better visibility from any angles
- There is a new, safer solution to close the handle of every IDC®-Powerharnesses from 0 size
- There are torch holders on the most practical parts of IDC®-Powerharnesses from 0 size
The harness fits her well and there's loads of adjustment in it so I would say a Size 1 is probably Ideal for most (not puppy) unless your lab is particularly large in which a size 2 would be better.
It's a fantastic harness, amazing quality and so easy to put on and take off. You can get loads of little accessories for it too including and extra strap to go underneath, saddlebags, custom patches etc..
And they come in lots of colours to pick from.
Here's Molly wearing hers on her 1st birthday
Last edited by MollytheLab; 17-04-2017 at 11:34 PM.